On Dawn





I had trouble sleeping,

So I woke up and took a stroll,

‘twas morning so no one was around,

Not a curious neighbor wondering where the weirdo was going,

Not the water vendor whipping his donkey,

Not a soul,

Not a soul

 

I put on some music and snuck out,

Ears perked up,

Eyes peeped out,

‘twas cold at first,

That feeling you get when you’re scared but curious,

The street lights were still shining,

If that’s all they do,

The birds still in their nests,

Coming to think of it,

I’ve never actually seen a bird out here,

I looked around for anyone to riddle me that,

But it still was quiet,

Not a soul,

Not a soul,

 

I got to see a lot,

Like the glow the dawn makes when it hits the surface of a dam,

The embers of the first fires from that vegetable vendor,

The serenity that came with a quiet world,

The detail in emotion,

That knowing you’ve got a whole street to yourself brings,

And,

The beauty in balance,

Between a fading dusk and an emerging dawn,

I looked to see,

If I could share this with anyone,

But I still saw no one,

Not a soul,

Not a soul,

 

I started feeling alone,

Because I couldn’t see anyone,

The beauty became ghostly,

The view hazy,

I started losing my breath,

Succumbing to the pain,

Then it hit me,

I could have chosen any time to take a stroll,

The busy evenings or a lazy afternoon,

Mid mornings or late nights,

But,

I chose to take the morning,

When no one would be on the street,

I could now see it,

Maybe all this time,

I intuitively just knew,

That sometimes the greatest beauty can only be seen,

When all there is,

Is not a soul,

Not a soul.

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66