On Monsters

 



I lived just a mile off a saintly cassock,

Listening to tales of Joseph, Judas, and the rock,

I watched reverence in its purest form,

Judgment, muffling, and self-righteousness,

I’ve lived through love thy brother,

And seen many a prodigal son,

I’ve survived sanity,

And all the blessed tyranny therein,

I’ve seen pure mania; guised in a collar, a bible, and a holy smirk,

Dear Lord, I’ve survived the holocaust,

A barrage of mindless rule-obeying nukes,

Thrown at everyone who never realized they were “lost,”

And yeah,

I made it out,

 

I lived a heartbeat away from pure evil,

Dancing to tunes of Elvis, Manson, and It Was Written,

I watched monstrosity in its purest form,

Frailty, depth, originality, and dependability,

I’ve lived through look out for number one,

And heard untold tales of loyalty,

I’ve tasted insanity,

And all the accursed freedom therein,

I’ve seen pure mania; leashed by emotional outbursts, isolation, and an evil smile,

Dear Lord, I live inside the holocaust,

An imperfect haven of truth-seeking,

Characterized by failure, pain, joy, and the confusion therein,

And yeah,

I fucking love the crazy ride,

@Job Kerry

 

 

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66