For Money, Food, or a Soul

 



They said we’re all here for a reason,

To walk forward, smile, and make the world a little better,

For a moment I stop and think of Smeagol,

The obsession with the ring, a master, and a fetter,

I know it’s probably right,

I should strive to make myself a better version,

I should want more than just to fight,

A better use for my rhymes would be to love,

And tell everybody the beauty in virtue,

Noble as it is,

I take a step back and look at my life,

The failures, despair, demons, and music alike,

I know that love, religion it vibes,

And prayer and hope is the style,

But every time I wake up,

I see this darkness around,

I’ve had it deep from the womb,

And it scared the shit out of me,

But overtime man it stayed,

And taught me broken was fine,

You might believe in the light; some holy halo hovering,

But see to me in my mind, the darkness was always the light,

And try as hard as I could,

I couldn’t escape from myself,

So this is not for the pews, the happy folks, or the news,

These are verses for freaks, for all the outcasts, the lost,

I know I’ll probably be gone, and life be harder than now,

But bring it on man I say,

Am fucking broke, skinny, starving, ugly, and gross,

But more than that you know what?

Am fucking free from the world,

And I wouldn’t trade what I’ve built,

For money, food, or a soul.

@Job Kerry

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66