The Ace Show


 


The night grows wild and cool,

The stage set, neon lights gleam,

The setup’s exquisite,

A keyboard, an acoustic guitar, and some drums,

The crowd’s silent, quite expectant, but overall numb,

The band humming, drills running, and their hearts beating,

He comes on slumping a bit, holding a mic,

Picturesque?

Think again,

He’s brutish in looks, facial hair unkempt, a deep longing in his eyes,

He doesn’t look at the crowd, stares into the sky,

Then he motions to the band, “Play the beat, keep it slow,”

It’s a tune that is sad, kinda haunting, and dark,

Then he grips at the mic, then a flow catches on,

Sitting in the hood and a smile is pricy like a keg,

Thinking of the past now my heart is dicy like a peg,

Life is sure hard I could kill for just a taste of cake,

Or even for a bath, yeah I’d do it even for a bait,

I know it’s troubling, the price of freedom bringing all this gloom,

Having peace of mind and doing that while rationing your food,

Looking for a dream inside a stinky ghetto single room,

And knowing all you got is just a month before they kick you out,

The beat goes on for a couple more bars,

Then he drops the mic and gets off the stage,

I look at the crowd and see that numbing look transfixed,

But deep inside the lot, I see some people shedding tears,

There isn’t any applause or anyone just sitting and losing their heads,

But out behind the curtains Ace just sits and stares into space,

I look to see the pain behind the lyrics he just rapped,

But I can’t find a hint,

He’s expressionless and numb,

He looks at his band and tells ‘em he’ll be out a couple days,

And puts his hoodie on, headphones on, and walks away,

It’s just another day inside the murk that’s Ace’s mind.

@Job Kerry

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66