Don't Wait Up

 



It is kinda funny when you think about it,

How life can flourish in a wasteland,

How great beauty can coexist with utter shame,

How utopic calm can be manifest,

When trickles of brimstone are all the eye can see,

I think of dreams and feel like grinning,

I think of the world and start a rumble,

I think of my past and know it could never get worse,

And look at the future,

As I am living it now,

I look at my checklist and know am way off,

It’s been two months,

Half of this has been spent writing an anthology,

Mmmm living,

10,000 words later and am no closer to building a buzz,

It’s spelling out words but never experiencing the joy in speech,

Pining over a picture but not quite drawing the memory,

Discovering new facets of living every day,

But never quite waiting to feel the warmth of the glow,

I fire up a million and one strategies,

Ideas, deductions, and fantasies,

But it’s all still hazy,

Mmm living,

I know no one’s watching so it’s dumb to do this,

But hey,

Don’t wait up,

I think we’re gonna be here a while.

@Job Kerry

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66