Who?

 



I spent a better part of my day in my room,

Ruminating, prodding, and picking my brains,

For clues or premonitions maybe,

Or just out of boredom,

That itch laxity often brings,

I thought of the folks I used to know,

And wondered what I really thought of them now,

The simpleton who knew just about anything on everything,

He’d spend hours on end imparting wisdom and well-curated thoughts,

On subjects, he barely knew a thing about,

And had a sense of megalomania,

Too much ego for a wimpy wuss,

With average intelligence and oversized ego,

The focused folks who had their lives figured out,

Passing tests, riding high, and sneering,

At folks like me,

They had a future,

Bright and right it seemed,

And to them, I was an accursed blemish,

An unfocused dude with a sick obsession,

Like that weird kid with the headphones on,

And sometimes they’d try to be nice to me,

Tell me what I’d be if I “Quit the writing shit, maybe study more,”

I would have respect and a promised future,

Uuurgh, it’s just so obnoxious Imma stop at that,

The cool kids with the girls and all,

Who is up and social every weekend ball,

They’d be riding high while I sat alone,

Angry that Thousand Foot Krutch wasn’t dropping songs,

And with these, I’d say we never talked much,

But I thought I’d add them for diversity,

Then my lecturers with the books and all,

Fucking endless babble and some things I hated,

With the “See someday you’ll regret this shit,”

And some other nonsense I won’t put to print,

So I sat and asked what I thought of them,

Then I just remembered I was making lunch

@Job Kerry

 

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66