Nairobi's Oddity

 



I draw a picture of an illusion,

Something so invariably unreal,

That I look like a maniac for seeing it,

Illusion or reality is hard to tell,

When down in the depths you are so drowned,

 

I paint a portrait of minimalism,

To accentuate my allure to elusion,

I feel it pulling me from behind,

From my blood, my tendons, and sinews,

I am drawn to the few things I know I can’t have,

And I maniacally chase after them,

Day and night,

 

I sculpt a figure of abstinence,

A David’s model of what I’ve built a life on,

I pick the sides with a chisel,

And pride myself in my virginity,

My untainted, unputrid, and unravaged self,

I feel the need to be wrecked, be broken, and violated,

But I love the view from my self-righteous hill,

And I need this frustration,

To keep me focused.

 

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66