Be the Goose

 


We sat around in a circle,

Three men and three girls,

Riffing and laughing,

Jolly and clapping,

For three and couple minutes or so,

We went around making tales on the go,

Spewing out outlandish flows,

Hero, princess, monsters, gods,

Drama, thrillers, and songs,

Just having fun for our sakes,

Over time it took a turn,

To competition, brawl, and brags,

The men trying all their best,

At an impression just to bag,

It went from bulging muscles out,

Ripping shirts with bare hands,

To trying to knock a peg or two,

Off the closest friend you’d see,

The girls were awfully impressed,

Yeah, attention that they craved,

From encouragement to laughs,

To pure hysteria, bouts, and buffs,

I started feeling kinda out,

Cause tug and tug was not my thing,

I threw the towel said I’m out,

And walked a couple paces so,

I thought to Ace as a child,

The joy we had when’er we played,

Of note I thought of one game,

The game of duck, duck, and goose,

One guy would go around the group,

And call out ducks till he got done,

He’d then pick his goose to stand,

The next after the final duck,

The goose would do the same routine,

Until he picked another goose,

It kinda sucked to be the goose,

But damn, we never hated that,

I turned around and saw my friends,

That jolly riffing turn to brawl,

I thought, “They all wanna be ducks,”

But see sometimes for the game to flow,

It takes a man to take the toll,

And see by God that at a time,

It’s just okay to be the goose

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66