Cousin Wheatie


 

Thought of writing something dark,

Something ominous and fucked,

Like I’d pick my keys and type,

“What a day to be alive,”

I’ve lived in sickness and in pain,

Some misplaced, some inflated,

Some defaced, some mistaken,

Some rewritten with such a punch,

That not an ounce of it made sense,

My mind it works in different ways,

For the better or for worse,

I see some visions that enlighten,

Push me deeper makes me write,

But still some others make me sick,

Bring paranoia loss in sense,

I find me wallowing in the dark,

A wrecking ball that never stops,

The momentum sees me fly,

From one extreme and onto next,

I spend so little time in-flight,

So when my path the center hits,

I’m yanked with force to that extreme,

But see today I saw a picture,

That stopped the motion for a while,

It was me and cousin Wheatie,

Just hanging out inside her house,

I smiled and knew that though I try,

To cram inside my mouth this pie,

This emo, gothic, broken pie,

If I squinted hard enough,

I’d see,

It’s not as bad as I make it seem.

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66