John is Waiting

 


They took me on,

 And stripped me nude,

Tied me down,

Made me loose,

They made it dark,

My holy room,

And turned the stereo,

Played a tune,

 

For the soul,

The blessing of god,

For papa John,

Benevolent one,

For earthly prongs,

And hades songs,

For Jesus’ blood,

Sufficient wrongs,

 

The played this chant,

And kept it running,

Then made it cold,

The ambient whole,

A woman came and looked to me,

And held their pictures,

The ones I’d lost,

‘twas Becky, Jane,

And Mary, Sue,

Sally, Cec,

And Dani, Ruth,

She made it well,

My pain and hurt,

Until I couldn’t just cry or hurt,

She told me the God that allowed it so,

Just stayed in pews, was Holy Ghost,

She shone a light and dimmed the dark,

And told me John could feel my hurt,

 

“Surrender now, go kneel and bow,

It’s all but sad in John’s brow,

And though your pain,

Be deep and bane,

I’ll make em sweet,

Encased in bliss”

 

By now I was out,

Not lucid quite,

But drowned so deep,

In a hypnotic sleep,

I saw my eyes go open wide,

And then a light came flashing bright,

Clad in white and spewing light,

A figure tall not human quite,

I couldn’t look into his eyes,

But I could feel his holy glow,

“Who are you?” I asked in fright,

“I think you know, you’ve always known,”

My heart it stopped, then beat again,

This was John, motherfucking John!

 

“I made the world and gave you life,

And made you rife,

With joy and hype,

The god they bill, Jehovah type,

Is just a lie,

A Christian tale,

I made the world and gave you life,

And know your pain, I’ll make it right,

To give your life is to be with me,

In heaven’s plains, and glittering meadows,”

 

I tried to stand and talk to John,

But now the light just turned to dark,

I couldn’t see or feel my breath,

Or feel the drugs coursing through my veins,

My lungs were heavy and mouth just shut,

My tongue was stuck,

My feeling numb,

As pictures flashed to Rodi’s creeks,

To papa preach and mama cry,

I knew for sure this was the end,

But felt relieved cause John was waiting,

 

Behind the glass they shut the stereo,

And turned the lights, the show was done,

The pyro guys just dimmed the effects,

The LEDs and phony clouds,

John Wickerdoo came out of the suit,

And kissed his head, and shut his eyes,

He smiled and bowed and faced the glass,

And said, “Another,

bites the dust,”

they bagged his body and marked it, “Fresh, for H.A.V.E.N G,”

 left the room and signaled me,

Said, “Prep it now, for Convert C,”

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66