A City In The Sky


 

When you left that night,

I didn’t know it’d hurt,

Laura crying, “Oh, my!”

And the world just shut,

I was young, rash, psyched,

With an angel’s heart,

I just thought in time,

You would go come back,

 

I remember us fight,

Back and forth tell tales,

Drain our small mud house,

In the stereo’s sound,

I remember good books,

Hic and sniff good sobs,

Having dreams to fly,

Maybe be like Dad,

We were innocent, right?

And the happiest folks,

Bit of sickly mmm...

And some weakling’s too,

 

I can see that night,

When we both lost touch,

When the warmth just died,

And the cynical came,

I remember it so,

Quite in bits won’t lie,

Cause it took some time,

‘fore I knew you were gone,

I’ve been blind since then,

Apathetic, fucked, cold,

Anhedonia’s side bitch,

And depression’s main course,

Never knew your worth,

Till I lost your touch,

And remained down here,

Feeding off these scraps,

 

I’ve seen Nordics walk,

Down some river beds,

With these boats and bows,

And some flamed up arrows,

It’s a sendoff ritual,

For the ones they love,

Whether relevant, Nah?

I just still can’t tell,

Others light up torches,

Send ‘em off in skies,

A spectacular view,

As you see souls rise,

Often times I dream,

That you’re still not gone,

And that from such heights,

You can see me walk,

 

Every year I pray,

That they send ‘em flames,

To the night time sky,

To a land so far,

That if you’re still out there,

Drifting off in space,

And you feel so cold,

Meeting death’s cold face,

You can take these lights,

Build a bonfire, right?

Or an ember spire,

With a scraper’s view,

So that day by day,

Though you be alone,

You can build a city,

Far into the sky,

Maybe make some friends,

Till I see your face,

 

Every day I pray,

That you find this light,

Prep a place for us,

Yeah, a city in the sky

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66