Bloodlust

 


I’m watching a circus stunt as a kid,

The bungee jumper stands atop a stick,

She takes a bow then starts her descent,

It’s chilling to watch but I stare with intent,

I’m feeling a thrill at the halfway mark,

When she meets with another,

And let’s go of her end to hold her hands,

The crowd goes silent,

And damn so do I,

The deed is done and the crowd churns applause,

But I’m disappointed,

Cause all of my thrill didn’t come from the show,

But just from the prospect that oh just for once,

Dear God just for once,

They’ll botch up the trick,

And she’d fall to her death,

 

I’m watching Jackass Forever,

Corn in my lap, a Pepsi, and a pen,

A guy stands across an alligator pond,

Along its length is a rope,

The camera’s ready and he’s dared to walk on top,

He works up his courage, yeah, then it’s step,

Another, a third, and a fourth down the pond,

The gators below look excited and famished,

They’re eyeing him deeply,

Playing a symphony,

Hoping the rope at a point would be slippery,

And inside the pond our guy he would fall,

He’s starting to panic, ropes getting wobbly,

And everyone’s quiet following closely,

He works up his strength and gets to the end,

And everyone’s clapping and lauding his guts,

I turn off my screen ‘cause I’m so disappointed,

I loved all the show but damn I was hoping,

Hoping for once I would get it my wish,

And into the pond he would fall to his death,

And then I would satisfy this hunger within,

This damn fucking bloodlust,

Man, why didn’t he die? 

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66