Ever Think of Death?

 


I’m all for bubbly animated looks,

Hair flying, smiles, and dunking hoops,

I’m all for positivity in brooks,

For being upbeat and escaping nooks,

I’m all for damn fragility I guess,

For weeping, sobbing, fessing up in yelps,

Therapeutic steps,

Finding strength in rest,

I’m all for savoring commune,

Compromising self so they all approve,

I’m all for feeding up this notion,

Of restraining dreams: settling in the flow,

Doing things, we hate for that perfect show,

I’m all for indulging these facades,

Entertaining fakes,

Breaking down our walls,

It’s a healthy take,

I’m all for winding down the clock,

Every single day,

Clamor for mediocre,

Celebrating mehs,

Wanton pleasure seeking,

Living for applause,

I just don’t know how to reconcile these,

With my 80-year-old self on my hospital bed,

I’m deaf and blind and can’t hear their cries,

Except that voice that always nagged me for days,

Asking me calmly, “Was this worth it, my man?”

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66