The Sound of Silence


 

I stumbled drunkenly into a dark alley,

A lengthened slab space,

With a sooty crawlspace,

Two walls surrounded me,

A scrawny mongrel,

And a pungent odor,

It was unusually dark,

And quiet like church pews,

And all that rang out,

Was the constant growling,

From my famished canine friend,

I crouched by a trashcan,

And watched the world pass,

Heard my voice speak,

And my feeble pulse rush,

Numb spirits kinda looked decrepit like this place,

Cold, broken, blasted, 

Home of every kind of sin,

Broken beer bottles, butts of cigarettes, and weed,

And used latex rubber oozing with potential seeds,

I leaned against the wall,

Saw the mongrel sitting still,

Marveled soundly.

At how much in common we both had,

I walked away from this,

Piece of heaven that I saw,

The sound of silence echoing,

My heavy footsteps booming.

 

 

 

Comments

Visual Spectacle

Visual Spectacle
The Journey
My photo
Job Kerry
Name's Job Kerry. Bit of a loner, bit of an eccentric, and bit of awesome. I loooove music and deep reflection in nature. Check me out on twitter @jkerry66 and IG @job_kerry66